Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cards for Troops


I got my box of Stampin' Up! supplies from Mr. Brown yesterday! Yeah!!! The box contained many supplies for the Cards for Trooops day coming up next weekend. If you're planning on coming, PLEASE let me know!
This card was made using Rose Red base, (cut 5.5x8.5). This is the first time I've used Pumkin Pie ink and paper--I actually like it! The Pumpkin Pie strip is 4.25x 1. On the right card, I added stamping in Pumpkin Pie ink. The Designer Paper is Bali Breeze, cut .5x4.25. The ribbon is SU! Certainly Celery (also the first time I've used SU! ribbon). The Whisper White Cardstock (i'm not sure of the dimensions) has a Rose Red flower and a Pumpkin Pie Sentiment. The card on the right also has a stamp in the bottom right corner, inked in Rose Red. Remember, when you stamp the same color ink on paper, you get a watermark effect.
The stamp set is the Sale-A-Bration set "Friendship Blooms", and this set comes Pre-Cut! So nice to pop out of the rubber and mount right on to the blocks. I sponged the edges of both white pieces, and then distressed the edges by folding and squishing them. I also sponged Rose Red around the edges of the whole card in order to darken the edges.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive