Friday, February 8, 2008

Cards for Troops


a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a




Card Making Day!
Come support our local troops by making cards and then donating them to
soldiers to send home to loved ones.
Cost: $15 for 10 cards and envelopes
$5 from each person will go towards shipping and phone cards
Dates: Friday, March 7, 6-10pm or Saturday, March 8, 9am-1pm
Where: Calvary Bible Church of Muskegon
Contact me to RSVP by February 29--it's important to reserve your space and
to make sure there are adequate supplies!!


Think of what it would be like to be far from your family and no store to pick up a nice card to send home. All donated cards will be sent to Charlie Company 1-125, a National Guard Unit out of West Michigan. A good friend of our family, Sergeant Jim Sutton, of Fruitport, is a part of this unit, and was deployed at the beginning of this year. The Unit will be sent to Iraq after Easter. The cards will be individually packaged in a zip-lock baggie with an envelope. The soldiers will be able to choose which cards they want to send home.

We will be making 10 cards--5 layouts, 2 of each layout. We will use assorted colors, including shades of green, blue, rose red, and orange, which should be good for boys or girls. Sentiments on the cards range from Birthdays, to Anniversary, congratulations, and Celebrate (you, friendship, life, good times, today, your day...) and will be geared towards Juvenile as well as adults.

While the cards are simple to make, I believe they will be attractive, as they have Designer Paper and ribbon, as well as 2 colors of paper on each card. You will be under the direct supervision of a seasoned stamper, so Do Not fear if you are uncertain about your stamping abilities (ha, ha). I will have some samples posted as the event nears, when I receive all of my supplies.

Cost covers supplies and postage to mail to Iraq. If there is extra money, it will go towards phone cards to be included in the package. If you can't attend, consider donating money for more cards to be made or towards phone cards. (Notice: this invitation is for women & girls (ages 10 & up if joined by an adult).

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive