Friday, October 22, 2010

Spicy Apple Gingerbread Pancakes



Here's my darling Hannah Grace, looking so grown up in these poses! She's only 5 and a half years old!

I made this Wednesday night before AWANA, and it was so yummy! All the kids ate it--they weren't fond of the syrup, but I mixed it up with yogurt for Maverick and he liked it. I just had to make sure the apples were soft enough for him. This made a huge batch, so we're reheating it for breakfast again today. Which is good since we're out of milk for cereal.

Spicy Apple Gingerbread Pancakes

Ingredients

Pancakes

o 3 large eggs

o 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

o 2 cups buttermilk

o 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled

o 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

o 1 teaspoon baking soda

o 1 tablespoon cinnamon

o 1 tablespoon nutmeg

o 1 teaspoon ground cloves

o 1 teaspoon ground ginger

Spicy Apples

o 4 granny smith apples or 4 golden delicious apples, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices

o 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

o 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

o 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

o 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

o 1/4 cup apple juice or 1/4 cup apple cider

o 1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, combine eggs and brown sugar. Stir in buttermilk and butter. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger into a large bowl.

Page 2 of 2Spicy Apple Gingerbread Pancakes (cont.)

Directions (cont.)

2. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture (do not overmix)- batter will be somewhat lumpy. Add more buttermilk, if needed (batter should be thick).

3. Cook pancakes on a preheated, greased griddle or skillet until golden brown on both sides. Serve pancakes topped with spicy apples and maple syrup if desired.

4. For the apples: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, until apples are tender but not mushy.

1 comment:

Steph said...

These sound so nummy...I think I might make them for a meal tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe :)

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive