Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Golden Yoke

Do you remember the verse in Matthew 11 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and by burden is light."

Studying this passage, I realized for the first time that this is an invitation to travel next to Christ through this journey.  "He is beside us helping us carry the burden He has assigned to us.  As a result, our part of the load is incredibly light...God is a leader who offers to be your burden sharer, your relief in weariness, your rest!"  What a picture of a servant serving!  Through this, we too, can learn how to serve others, to serve humbly, faithfully, gently.  "In submission to Him, I have found the mystery of submission with Him.  How can I do less than give Him my best and live for Him completley after all He's done for me?"

The chapter concludes with these thoughts:  "If you give Me a chance you will see in Me the leader your heart has always longed for.  If so, repent...change sides.  Surrender to My safe leadership and become a safe follower yourself.  My leadership welcomes and pours grace out to those who humble themselves, who deny themselves, who ego-proof themselves.  Cross-slain, cross-disarmed, cross-bearing followers are the servants I can trust."  

"May it be the desire of our hearts to be drawn in wonder and awe to the magnificence of God's lovable humilty, to overcome our unreasonable resistance to the invitation to follow Him."

Am I really, truly following Christ?  Am I fully surrendered to Him?  What holds me back?  Do I truly see Him as He is, do I look at him in wonder and awe?  He offers freedom and rest!  I cannot really want anything that He's not already offering me!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive