Saturday, October 18, 2008

GLHA Show





Most of last week was spent in Lansing at the GLHA show, the Haflinger show that we go with my parents to.  We left Wednesday and got home late Saturday, and were SOOO busy, tired, and dirty!  It's such a flurry of activity as we try to enter every possible event we can, so we're constantly changing clothes and tack.  I challenged myself to learn to canter (and canter well) this summer and also learn to ride English.  So I entered 2 Western classes (earning a 4th place) and 2 English classes (not placing), a Dressage class (which I got 5th in the Youth division--am I a youth? No!--but I'd never practiced the pattern and only thought about entering that morning when my dad asked me about it!) also, barrel racing in the English saddle--tricky!  I didn't think I had enough time to change tack, and Sunny did well enough going around all 3 barrels, but down the home stretch I was sitting comfortably and going fast (or at least fast for us!) when I lost a stirrup!  Fumbling around, Sunny decided to stop til I figured myself out, just feet from the finish line.  Try as I may, he would only walk across the finish line!  My time was 37 seconds and I think I got 8th place.  If we hadn't stopped, who knows how well we might have done!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive