Saturday, October 18, 2008

Change of Plans for my Life



Here's a few more pictures from the horse show.  on the bottom is my neice Megan, and she's also in the middle picture with our friend Jacque.  Both girls helped me with my children, and they did a lot of work with the horses, too.  They entered the walk/trot class, and the costume class.  I think they learned a lot about horses, too!

After MUCH contemplation and prayer, I decided to join my church's weight loss group, PRISM.  There are over 40 people in and literally TONS of weight has been lost.  I've been mostly inspired by my mother-in-law's weight loss of over 40 pounds.  She looks HOT!  (He,he,he).  I've been successful with Weight Watcher's in the past (lost nearly 40 pounds) before Hannah was born, and I got the weight off after each child, but right now I think I've gained weight over the summer, and there's always this Plateau that I couldn't get past.  I'd like to get past this bump, and get a little control before the holiday season starts.  The kicker with this program is that NO SUGAR or forms of sugar are allowed!  Plus, for the next 6 weeks, I can't eat any breads or potatoes.  The program consists of 4 6-week increments, and the end result, I believe, is "clean eating".  Less processed, packaged, food, and more wholesome, homemade, less artificial stuff.  So, I'm going to try.  I'm also not allowed to weigh myself or measure myself during each 6 week increment, only at the beginning and end of each 6 weeks.  I was supposed to do this today, to get started, but I just ate breakfast, and I forgot!  So I will tomorrow.  I'm a firm believer in weighing myself before I eat, after I go to the bathroom--it's my best chance at weighing the least, right?

I've been scouring the web for recipes that fit my dietary needs, and found some sites to share with you.  One great one is a girl who has challenged herself to use her crockpot every day for a whole year!   I love crockpot cooking, and found some great ones here:  Also because I'm trying to be frugal, and am slightly concerned that this style of cooking will cost more, I like this site's recipes.  It's called $5 meals.  Part of my challenge to myself will be to do more menu planning, which can and should result in my spending less money.  I'm going to a YAC (young adult couples) get together tonight and have to bring a dip and dippers for snack.  Of course, I want to bring something I can eat!  So no crackers, cookies, chips, or sweets.  I found this recipe:  I'll serve it with fresh veggies.

Weight Watchers White Bean and Garlic Spread recipe
Makes 12 servings

Ingredients
2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped (1 teaspoon)
1 lemon, juice and zest of
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/4 cup toasted nuts (optional)
1/8-1/4 cup olives, sliced (optional)
2-3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped (optional)
rosemary sprigs (to garnish)
salt and pepper, to taste


Preparation
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the rosemary sprigs and optional ingredients) in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds (until smooth).
2. If desired, add the optional ingredients (tomatoes, olives or toasted nuts) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (or overnight).
4. When ready to serve, place the bean spread in a bowl and garnish with rosemary sprigs.

WW POINTS per serving: 2
Nutritional information per serving: 130 calories, 4.8g fat, 3.8g fiber

I found this at a Weight Watcher's Recipe site


No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive