Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apple of my eye



Here are 2 recent layouts that I've completed.  I created a template based off of a template I saw on Designer Digitals site.  Then I used my template here--I haven't actually decided if this 2-page layout needs more accessories, or if it looks better just like it is.  I think I spent so much time on the template, that when I started adding elements, papers,  and pictures, I was ready to say it was done.

well, I went to my Bible study this morning, and finished reading chapter 2 before I left.  Here's a few tidbits that I gleaned:
  • It's much easier to believe than it is to obey.  Obedience is an act we must choose daily, hourly, and by the minute.  Following Christ demands a dying to self-in-control.  A submission to the Lord's leadership in our lives.
  • we are afraid to trust Christ's leadership in our lives for a number of reasons, such as "I might not like where He leads me", or because of past leaders' failures, or because mothers and fathers have betrayed us.  We strive to protect ourselves, because deep down, we don't believe God is truly good.
  • We create a God with human flaws..what if God is the most misunderstood person in my life?
  • This chapter was called, What if we were wrong about God? aptly named, I think!
Overall, I've been thinking about all this, and want to echo the Apostle Paul's words in Philippians 3:10 and say that I want to know Christ and the power of His love and resurrection!  If I am truly seeking God and hungering for Him and all that He is, then everything else that I've written about from this book would fall into place.  

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive