Monday, August 11, 2008

Horse Show





Last Sunday, I joined my parents at the Newaygo County Fair Draft Horse Show. We showed our Haflinger horses in the pony division, and overall, did quite well! I rode in Western Pleasure, and placed 3rd...ok, so there were only 4 riders! But, this was my first show that I cantered in, and I was proud that I did it. We had to canter quite a ways, and Sunny (my horse, on the left) followed Atta-Boy ( my mom's horse, seen here), wanting to keep up, and went much at a much faster pace than he should have. When I looked at my pictures later, I realized I was sitting rather crooked, and I'm sure I flopped around a lot as I rode. The next picture up is Hannah petting "Mel", who she was affectionately calling "Melly". Hannah and Makenna enjoyed seeing the horses more at eye-level, as they stood in the trailer with the horses tied to the outside of it. The 2nd picture from the top is my dad and Mel watching the show from the fence. I love this picture! The top picture is my husband and dad doing an event called "The Wagon 8", which was so much fun! For more info, check out my parents' blog: www.rockinghorse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive