Thursday, July 17, 2008

Radiant beauty


Here's the other page to complete the layout posted a few days ago. I created all of these templates as part of a series that Designer Digitals' blog is posting a challenge about--they want you to buy their templates, but I just recreated them. I think they look quite close! The paper used here and many accessories are from the July club kit from Scrap Girls, Fruit Smoothie, and a few things from last month's kit, Abstract Expressionism. The title comes from a font that I downloaded from DaFont.com, and I created it on top of paper from the Fruit Smoothie Kit.
Here's How: open up the paper you want your font created out of. Select your "T" type tool, except, right click on the icon, and a menu will fly out. There will be one called Horizontal Type Mask Tool. Click it, then draw a large rectangle to type on on your paper. It'll change color, and your font will appear as you type. I make my type very large, adding higher numbers, like 100 or 200. Once you're done typing, click the rectangle marque icon. This will select your type. At this point or before, you'll want to make sure your paper is NOT a background layer (shown on the layers menu on the right). With your mouse hovering over your title, right click. Toward the bottom, click stroke outline selection. choose about 15 px, and I chose outside for this title, and white. With white outline, it looks like a sticker, plus it makes it brighter and showier. Ok, before you deselect, right click again, and this time choose inverse selection. Now press delete selection. You should be left with only your title. Now deselect, and choose your move tool to allow you to place it where you want it to go. Try it out. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive