Monday, July 14, 2008

photo action applied to scrap page






I've been reading a lot about photo editing lately, and applying some photo actions to my pics before placing them on the layout. usually, after I upload a new batch of photos, I'll go through and edit them- adjusting the curves/brightness/contrast and such. Then, when I go to use them in a layout, they're ready to do whatever else I want to them. I followed Jessica Sprague's Friday Photoshop shazam by creating layers of identical pictures. I copied 3 layers, and on the top layer, applied a Screen blending mode, and an Overlay blending mode on the middle layer. I left the bottom layer the same. I adjusted the opacity of each layer to achieve the right look. Although these pictures were taken outside in the sunshine, they seemed a little dark. I had to adjust the lighting a bit. The blending modes that I applied don't seem to be as dramatic as Jessica's. But they did perk them up a little and add some interesting contrast. Try it out sometime!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive