Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Badlands


An ongoing project that I'm doing is a "Heritage" album of my dad's family. When my grandpa died 2 summers ago, I collected a lot of pictures of him with various members of our family and put together a slide show. Incidently, that project did NOT turn out as I wished! So, since I've discovered digital scrapbooking, I decided to make an 8x8 album for my dad, and also print out copies for various members of my family. That is a huge benefit to digi-scrappin'--do the work once, and make multiple copies at the press of a button!
This photo was taken before I was born, when my parents, 4 yr. old brother, and grandparents all rode in the cab of a Ford pickup from Michigan to the Badlands! I still can't believe they all fit for such a long ride! Of course, nobody wore seatbelts then! No individual IPods and headsets or personal DVD players. They probably didn't even have a radio! Certainly no AC. So much has changed! I learned a new technique for this page, which is the pie-shape circle with a rotation. Check out Jessica Sprague's Tutorial. The paper is a 2Peas freebie called, Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary. The title font is from DaFont.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive