Saturday, June 7, 2008

Last Ride


I have a younger sister who loves horses. Holly went to school in southern Ohio to get a degree in horses. I'm sure the degree has a more technical name than that, but she learned about different styles of riding and training, and all horse anatomy and nutrition, and all that one should know. This is a scrap page of the first horse that she owned right from birth. To read the journaling, just click on the picture for a full-sized look.
About the layout: I love how this looks! Crisp and clear and cool-toned! A new technique that I used here was to create my own Alphabet title using a font and digital paper. Jessica Sprague's Friday Tutorial showed me how to create it. I edited the pictures based on things I've learned from her photo editing tips, which is basically several layers and adjustment styles, tinting and so on. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Adds some artistic flair from a regular photo.
I also used one of Jessica's freebie downloads for the tags and ribbon/strips; title font from Dafont.com ; red and blue paper freebie from LivEdesigns, which I just discovered, frames from DesignerDigitals.com, some swirl brushes.

1 comment:

LivE said...

Awesome layout, Jen!!! :D I love your titlework too! Thanks for using my designs, and have a happy day! See you on the Spraground! ~ Liv

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive