Friday, May 30, 2008

Riding on the Beach


I played with some creative editing on this layout. I had a picture of one of my parents' horses that they are selling and cut the background out from behind him and then placed him over a beach picture I shot last summer. What do you think? Looks almost real, doesn't it? After getting Photoshop, I no longer believe that pictures are ever what they seem. You know so much editing goes into a picture before it hits the newsstand or tv or the internet. Why do we put so much stock into what people look like when we know they aren't even authentic? Anyway...most of the stuff I used here were freebee downloads from Shabby Princess, except for the frame, which I got from Designer Digitals. I also added a grunge overlay over the whole layout, which I got from ScrapGirls, which is also where I got the stitching brush used on the MEL tag. I also used the Beveling button on the PSE on several elements--Tropical Paradise button, the frame, the peach flower, MEL, and the brads. It adds dimension to the overall page.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive