Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daughter of the King


God knows just when to withhold from us any visible sign of encouragement, and when to grant us such a sign. How good it is that we may trust Him anyway! When all visible evidences that He is remembering us are withheld, that is best; He wants us to realize that His Word, His promise of remembrance, is more substantial and dependable than any evidence of our senses. When He sends the visible evidence, that is well also; we appreciate it all the more after we have trusted Him without it. Those who are readiest to trust God without other evidence than His Word always receive the greatest number of visible evidences of His love. --C. G. Trumbull

Delays are not refusals; many a prayer is registered, and underneath it the words: "My time is not yet come." God has a set time as well as a set purpose, and He who orders the bounds of our habitation orders also the time of our deliverance. -- Selected

This was in my inbox this morning from Streams in the Dessert. I thought it appropriate considering what I'm going through with my home. I admit getting discouraged with what seems like God isn't listening or doesn't care--but my head and knowledge knows that's not true! It's God saying, "My time is not yet come." If I can cling to His promises by faith without seeing evidence, then His is glorified.

Today's layout

These pictures were taken of Hannah after a "Daughters of the King" banquet held at my mom's church. I took some inside pictures, but these outside ones are so much better! The only thing I regret about this batch of pictures is that the sun was SO bright and straight above us, that it created a lot of shadows on the girls' faces. The template for this layout was a freebie from Designer Digitals, as well as the green paper bow (not a freebie). The other elements--sunshine, Asian disc, and floral brush stamp--were freebies from Scrap Girls. The freebies from Scrap Girls come in the form of a daily newsletter in my inbox every morning. I really appreciate the newsletter--it's motivating and inspiring, as well as the freebie at the end of the letter. This template is an example of "color-blocking", (I think), and I think I kinda like it. Too blocky for use all the time, but the general idea is clean and uncluttered.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive