Monday, April 7, 2008

Be Happy Weekend Sketch Challenge 42


Well, I had to scan in this picture, which doesn't look quite the same. I waited until today to take the picture--i created it yesterday afternoon. I was feeling lazy and I didn't want to set up the camera. So today, I go to do it, and I can't find the camera. Pretty sure my husband took it with him to work. He does that sometimes. Anyway...I followed Fresh & Fun weekend sketch challenge, and I'm barely going to make the submission in time! Here's what i did. Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink Cardstock 4.5x11 and folded it. I wheeled Whimsy jumbo wheel using the same color ink. My bottom layer is Rose Red, (i forget the dimensions), stamped with a small background stamp from Polka Dots & Paisely, using Basic Brown ink. The next layer, Taken with Teal, is slightly bigger, and layered under a piece of retired Designer Paper from last Spring's mini. All of these rectangle's are ticket corner punched. My circles for the greeting are punched with the 1 1/4" circle and the 1 3/8" circle punches from SU!, using Chocolate Chip CS and Pretty in Pink CS. The greeting comes from last catalog's hostess set "So Many Sayings", inked with SU Basic Brown marker and punched with the Word Window punch. The flower accent as well as the butterfly come from This catalog's leve 3 Hostess set. After stamping them, I used Blender Pens to color them in. The Butterfly is layered on a 1 1/4" circle punched from Rose Red POP paper and on a Chocolate Chip scallop. The scallop was punched with 1/16" hole punch. I used non SU ribbon for accent. Finally, I paper pierced around both rectangles and the bottom circles to give texture. I wanted to fill this card with swirls and dots to pull all the elements together, so I used my punches, stamps with dots and circles, and accents with circular elements.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive