Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I like my Hannah



Here's another 3x3 card set that I created for the Troops Day. The card on the card on the left has a base of River Rock, a scallop punched out of Sky Blue, a 1 3/8 circle punched out of River Rock. The card on the right is created just the opposite: base of Sky Blue, Scallop of River Rock, circl of Sky Blue. I used the stamp set Baroque Motif. I almost didn't get this set, but I'm SO glad I have it. It adds such elegance, and yet can be "dirtied" up by adding the brown sponged edges to the sides of the card. Porclain Prints is the Designer paper used, along with a strip of Blue Bayou. I added a brad to the center of the flower, and ribbon around the paper strips.
The scrap book page is one I created today digitally. I learned how to use my folded edges template from Scrap Girls, and the paper and products were a freebie from Shabby Princess. I like how the faded photo of Hannah turned out and just "melts" into the paper. I took these pictures a few weeks ago, and tried a new technique I'd read about--don't use flash! It was a bright day, with lots of light coming into the room. The problem with this, it makes the photo a little blurry, as I can't hold the camera completly still long enough. By editing the photo, adding filters and blends, and such, I think it makes for a sweet picture. I love how it captured the silly faces she makes. It's so hard to get her to pose, so I try to sneak in pictures of her when she's not paying attention to me. She was watching cartoons when I snapped these.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive