Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, to My Husband


Here's my creation for the Weekend Challenge by Beate Johns, of Fresh & Fun. Instead of following her exact layout dimensions, I made my base 6x6 and folded in half, for a 3x6 card. I haven't made this size in a while, but I really like it! My base is in Apricot Appeal, and the designer paper is non-SU! I cut the heart paper 1.5x6. The three hearts come from the hostess set Time Well Spent. I stamped in Real Red ink on white paper and trimmed the square as close as possible. Then I layered the hearts on Basic Black CS, about 1 3/8x1 5/8". I layered a cut out heart in the center and glittered it. I also added a sequin jewel to the centers of all flowers on the hearts. I used a black polka-dotted ribbon tied on the bottom piece, and for the sentiment, I stamped You from the Celebrate everything set and punched it with the word window punch. Then I folded it in half, punched a 1/16" hole in the top and threaded a silver cord through it. For the three circle accents, I used 3 black brads.

1 comment:

Janine said...

very nice job, lady!

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive