Thursday, January 17, 2008

Silent Night, Holy Night



Here's my 2-page layout that uses the same elements as the card I last posted. I took these pictures of Makenna during December. Our church had just put up the Christmas tree, and Makenna had on a green plaid dress. I wanted to get her reaction to the tree, which had white lights on it with golden balls. I took these pictures without flash, which gave a much softer glow to the pictures; however, many of them were blurry. I also adjusted the saturation level in Photoshop by lowering it. I think this brings more attention to her facial features. I can't believe how well the tone of the pictures matches with the Designer Paper, Porclain Prints.
Paper: Porclain Prints DP; Apricot Appeal; Groovy Guava; Blue Bayou; Soft Sky; Certainly Celery; white
Ink: basic Brown; whisper white craft ink
Stamps: Baroque Motif; A Beautiful Thing; Alphabet set (non-SU);
Accessories: Punches--scallop, 1/16" hole, 1 3/8"circle, photo corner; hole piercing kit & white gel pen; cameo coral pastels; black brads; pearl brads and tag brad pulls (non SU); ribbon (non SU); white embossing powder; Basic Brown Journaling Pen/Marker
by the way, this layout took a lot out of me...I was changing the blade in my paper trimmer, and I sliced my thumb open! I wrapped it in Toilet Paper until it stopped bleeding...it took a long time and I was afraid of getting it all over everything! instead of stopping or getting a bandaid, I just risked it. it's unbelievable how much i use a thumb until I try to not use it...thank you, God, for opposable thumbs! :)

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive