Friday, November 9, 2007

Snow Flurries


Can I just brag for a minute about my girls? Is that my "right" as a mom? :) Last night, we had our church's Thanksgiving Dinner. Our entertainment was a home-school group band and orchestra. I sat in the front row with my girls, and waited to see Hannah's reaction to the music. She loves music, plus many of her teen friends were sitting up on stage playing (as a pastor's family in a small church, Hannah spends a lot of time with older kids, and tends to think of herself as one of the teenagers). She sat very intently through the whole thing, and loved clapping after every song. During the band portion, she would ask "Mommy, more? More songs, please?" She really enjoyed it and was even trying to sing along. "Sing, mommy, sing!" Makenna, too, really enjoyed it. She sat on my lap bouncing away, especially liking the orchestra. She was trying to sing too! **Funny Story**There was an elderly lady sitting down behind us, with a cane on the floor. I had moved to the side to sit on the floor with my girls, and Hannah noticed the cane. She asked, "Mama, is that a shepherd's staff?" I tried not to giggle, amazed that an almost 3-year-old would think of such a thing! I asked her, "So does that make her a shepherd?" She thought about it, and stared at the lady, and decided that yes, she was!


Now about the card...I'm just experimenting on possible stamp-a-stack card ideas. This is made from a 3x12 Bashful Blue cardstock, wheeled with "Snow" jumbo wheel from mini catalog. It was inked with versamark cartridge. I used a piece of Hobby Lobby paper, cut 3x2. The snowman stamp comes from "Snow Flurries" (as does the sentiment) and is inked with Bashful Blue. It is layered on Real Red cardstock. I tied silver ribbon around this. I paper pierced the edges and used a white paint pen to make stitch marks. I used blender pens and SU! stampin' pastels to color in the snowman.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Hey, of course you can brag.......
I agree that they are adorable little girls!!! :)
See you Tuesday!!!!!

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive