Monday, November 12, 2007

How was your weekend?







My Saturday was busier than usual. I woke up early to go to craft sales with my mom. There were several in my home town. I didn't buy anything, but I got a few ideas. I saw two booths of stamping/paper products. I didn't think they were selling much. I felt bad for them, as I've been there before. I also went to a Father-daughter banquet on Saturday night. You see me here with my father-in-law and my 2 sisters-in-laws. Aren't the girls beautiful? By the way, the sis-in-law sitting is expecting her 2nd daughter at Christmas. We had a fun time together. I took my girls for a walk the other day when I thought it was warm...it was very cold! Especially by the Lake, it was sooooo windy! Our walk leads us through the woods, up and down a few hills, and down the sand dunes so the Lake. The waves were very noisy, and Hannah was too scared to walk between me and the water. Aren't Makenna's eyes so blue?! They really are this bright in real life.
Friday, while I was stamping, I ran out of adhesive, and I wasn't able to get to the store until this afternoon. So, today I adhered everything together that I had made. Here is one: It's just a tag, but it's really cute, imho. I copied it from the catalog, us

ing the snow flurries stamp set. My base is ?? from SU--the Very Vanilla confetti looking paper. I layered Cool Caribbean on the top, with a strip of Certainly Celery between the layers. I stamped the greeting in basic brown and I stamped a snowman in Basic Brown on white CS, and layered it on Real Red. I think I should color him in a little--add a little red or something with my blender pens and SU stampin pastels. In the top corners, I used the tag corner punch to clip the corners off. I punched a 3/4" circle out of Certainly Celery and folded it in half over the top center. I added an eyelet and silver ribbon to the top and it's ready for a gift!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive