Thursday, November 8, 2007

Criss-Cross Card



I've been wanting to make a criss-cross card for a while now. They look really fun and special. Here's my directions:

Cardstock: 2 pieces (Wild Wasabi) cut 4.25x11, scored at 5.5. Cut each piece diagonally from ceter top to bottom corner, making sure one piece is cut to the bottom left corner, the other to the bottom right corner. Layer these pieces on top of each other so that the whole rectangle portions are on top of each other, with a triangle on the left and the right.
Designer Paper: cut 4x5, cut in half on the diagonal. I used 2 different pieces of DS here. Layer triangles on the cardstock base and adhere.
Assemble card: use sticky strip or SNAIL along bottom of middle panel as well as the bottom of the triangle fold that is on top.
Insert: 3.75x5. Use corner rounder on top corners. If desired, layer neutral CS on top, measuring 3.5x4.75 and use corner rounder on top corners. I decorated white cardstock with the jumbo wheel "All about Christmas" in Certainly Celery ink
Round Tab Punch: I used Designer paper and adhered with brads to the insert piece
Optional: Belly Band, 1.5x12 long Card Stock; score at 5 5/8, 11.25. Place sticky strip on small 3/4" section and adhere.
Decorate: use ribbons, hardware, punchouts...I used a snowflake punch on DS

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive