Friday, November 2, 2007

Princess Scrap Page




I had several pictures of Hannah from September that I wanted to put together. They were mostly various shots of her face--playing outside, at the beach, and so on. I used SU! paper, Flowers for You on the top and cut corner shapes out of it, which I set eyelets and threaded ribbon through. I used Certainly Celery POP paper to make a pocket/envelope, which there are 2 pics coming out of (layered on Certainly Celery. My base paper is Almost Amethyst. I used my round tab punch to punch a tab out of Rose Red, and also to make decorative corners for 2 pictures. (I can post pictures of this technique if you want clarification) I used my Sweet Shapes set to make a accent piece, which I copied from the latest SU! Stampin' Success magazine. I stamped on white, layered on Rose Red, layered on So Saffron, and edged that with DP. I used the tag punch on Certainly Celery to pull out of these layers, which I journaled on. When I stamped on the White layer, I used a dimensional stamping technique with the butterflies: stamp once with Rose Red ink, then slightly off stamp again with So Saffron. I also did this with Certainly Celery, and then stamped again, without reinking, slightly off. This helps create movement and dimension to an image. It's quite easy to do with a solid image, like a butterfly. I'll post more about this technique again. Comment if you have questions. For the title, I used chipboard letters, which I inked with basic brown, or I layered Certainly Celery POP paper on. I do this by tracing the letter, cutting out, and adhering on. Then I sand the edges to smooth them out and give them texture. By inking the letters, I put the chipboard directly on the inkpad and wipe away. Kinda messy!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive