Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Blessings





Here are 20+ Christmas Cards that I have been making, and have 20 more in process. I'm still not sure how many I need. I need about 30 for family, and I also want to give every family in our church a card. I also need to get a family picture taken, and I wish I had that done already!!


I used a 4x8 base, so that it made a square card when folded. I used Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, and Wild Wasabi for all of my colors. My long strip on the left is 1.25 wide, and the skinny, short piece is 3x3/4". I used the stamp set "Baby Jesus is Born", which I think is just so cute from our family with small children. I colored it in with Stampin' Pastels SU! and cotton swabs. The first pic here is one of my originals, which was easy enough, but I eliminated all extra steps in order to make this card quickly. Here, I paper pierced the vertical strip and also tore the right edge of this piece and distressed the edges. I also tore the edges of the main image. I like the corner piece added to the upper right of the main image, but I'm ordering a photo corner punch, and decided to just punch them out. So I'll be adding that when the order comes in. I don't think I'll add all the eyelets, though. I entered these cards into a contest that Creative Keepsakes had--I had to have at least 20 identical Christmas cards, or at least cards with the same layout. So, I entered all the green cards. CK runs a lot of contests, so maybe if I enter all of them, I might win something! Here's hoping! Some contests you have to create something and post it; others don't require any more than my name. There are also links to Simple Scrapbooking Magazine and Papercrafts Magazine, which also run several contests. The prizes are usually some sort of product to be used in your creations, so I think I'd like to win :)

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive