Monday, November 26, 2007

Elegant Christmas



Who knew that Baroque Motif would make an elegant Christmas card? This set is so versatile! I love it! I stamped the swirls on Cranberry Crisp (retired), cut to make a 4x4 card. I inked it in Basic Brown, and just stamped on opposite corners. For the horizontal pieces, I cut Always Artichoke and a piece of Designer Paper (1.5"?, Hobby Lobby) and tied a gold ribbon around it. Most of the time, I tie ribbon using 2 pieces of ribbon. I wrap one around the cardstock that shows and use glue-dots to keep it in place. The dots are on the cardstock that doesn't show. Then I tie a short piece of ribbon around the flat ribbon. I tie a simple knot: just left over right and pull snug. The ribbon can then slide up and down until it's exactly where you want it. I also feel like I use less ribbon this way, and it's slightly less bulky. I embossed the flowers in gold on white cardstock. I cut them all out individually. The larger flower is double-layered, I just cut off the dots around the edges on the top layer--it's the same stamp. I attached these together with an eyelet. On the trio of flowers, I placed a pop-dot under the center one.
On the second card, I used a Real Red base of 4.25x5.5, and stamped Merry on the bottom right corner. I used strips of Wild Wasabi and edged a piece of Designer Paper (Hobby Lobby). I stamped a snowman tag from Woodcutter set (retired) using Blue Brocade ink. I added a sentiment from It's Snow Time, punched a 1/8" hole in the top corner and threaded gold tinsel ribbon through it.
A note of Apology: many of the past cards where made using "It's Snow Time" set, and I mis-named it, calling it Snow Flurries. This is a different set, which I do own, but have not used this year (because it's in my old house still).

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive