Friday, November 23, 2007

All About Christmas



I used the All About Christmas wheel (which doesn't actually have the word "Christmas" on it!!) stamped in Certainly Celery ink. I think this ink coordinates well with the Wild Wasabi paper. I planned these two cards to look similar, and to show how one could be bumped up a notch to show how this could be done with a few simple steps and a few extra products. On each, I used Real Red as a base, cut 4x8 to make a square card. I used the snow stamp from Snow Flurries to randomly stamp along the top and bottom edges using Versamark ink. This is hard to see on the second card. To the first card I added white EP and heated it up. Next, I cut the white cardstock of the All About Christmas Wheel 2x4 to fit the card. I added strips of Wild Wasabi to the top and bottom, leaving about 1/4" to show. To the first card, I also pierced the top and bottom edges, using my paper piercing kit to make even pokes. I then wheeled this wheel in Real Red and cut out the O in JOY and added it to the Joy showing on my card using a POP dot. I tied a silver ribbon around the wheel strip and adhered this all the red base. To the second card, I stamped a snowman from Snow Flurries and punched out with the tag punch. I only have the larger tag punch, so I cut out my own larger tag, also using the corner tag punch, and tearing the bottom edge out of Bashful Blue. I adhered this all together and punched 1/8" hole and added silver ribbon. I then added some light blue ribbon that has a light wire running along the edges, allowing me to bend it a little. I also punched the corner tag punch on the bottom corners.
I hope you all had a thankful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful to God for all the things he's given me this year...a new daughter, a home to stay in, vehicles that run, a loving husband, a close family, a great church and friends...I enjoyed my family for the day and also got up extra early on Thursday to go to the Meijer's sale to buy my girls a Play Kitchen. Christmas will be very fun this year! No real Black Friday sales that enticed me, though. Good! :)

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive