Wednesday, October 31, 2007

2 more cards from my Stamp-a-Stack



These cards were made with a 4 1/4x5 1/2 base of either Bashful Blue or Rose Red. I used a strip of Cutie Pie DP but 4 1/4x 1 3/4; a strip of white cut 4 1/4 x 1 3/4 and rolled with Dilly Dally Friends in Night of navy ink. The Final strip of color (either Rose Red or Bashful Blue, whichever contrasted) 1/2" wide. I tried a variety of techniques on these strips: paper piercing and adding faux stitching with white gel pen; using my dot stamp from All in a Row; or just leaving it plain. For accents, I cut pieces out of a scrap wheeled with Dilly Dally Friends using the word window punch and also layering circles punches. The bottom circle layer is cut out of So Saffron. By the way the Cutie Pie paper shown is double sided, and what you see are the opposite sides of the paper. I colored in my Dilly Dally friends with blender pens and Pastels.
I like that I can take the same basic layout and same basic pieces of paper/CS/DP and turn out 2 different cards! Of course, there are more details I could've added--ribbon, hardward...but I try to keep it simpler for Stamp-a-stacks and cheaper! :) On other cards, we did add hardware, so I didn't want to do that for all the cards.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive