Thursday, September 6, 2007

Buckle Cards

For my last workshop, I demonstrated Buckle Cards. I took a bunch of pictures of them all, but I can't post them yet, due to computer incapabilities for the moment! Anyway, I'll talk about them, and then maybe I'll be able to post them later today when I stop by my house. I started with a 6 3/4 x 5 1/4 cardstock, scored at 4". I used Certainly Celery. With a card this size, I can get 3 out of a 12x12 cardstock piece. Once scored, punch a hole with the Word Window punch on the top piece in the bottom, going vertically. The hole should be between the middle and right side, depending on how much "buckle" you want to show. For the buckle, I used Black, cut 1 5/8 x 5 1/2. Laying it horizontally, I folded one end slightly, so that I could tuck it under my Petals and Paisley Designer Paper ( 1 x 6 3/4) that lays along the inside edge. I adhered the black buckle so that it lines up with my punched window. I used the corner rounder on the end of the buckle, then tucked it in. Then I layered another piece of DS on here, fitting it to my buckle piece. This is approximately 1 1/4 x 1 3/4. To decorate, I tried all kinds of stamps, including the background Linen stamp, Buds and Basics, Sweet Things, and Baroque Motif. I even tried embossing, using a white powder on White craft ink, and irridescent glitter on White craft ink. They look quite different from each other. I thought the irridescent would still look white on the white ink, but not so much. I also added glue and glitter to different pieces, and that's just fun!!

Earlier this week, I poured over a Fitness magazine that I found at the dollar store (fun!), and then spent a day looking at their website. There was so much to look at! I got up early the last few days to go on a 30 min jog by myself, and have been back on track with writing down my food in my journal. I think this helps, but I still ate ice cream at the end of the day!! I also worked on the stability ball. This house I'm staying at has no carpet, just hard floors. I learned the hard way not to do the ball on the floor! I was rolling on my back to do a sit up, and Wham! Flat on my back to the floor! I also learned about foods that fight fat, including almonds, walnuts, apples, blueberries, cherries, oranges, pomegranates, green tea, carrots, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, basil, garlic, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, parsley, egg whites, and yogurt. There's a whole lot more on this list, plus a rather strict diet plan that eliminates white sugar and processed carbs. But I think I'm going to try to incorporate these items, as I don't get enough fruits and veggies, plus try to build in more fiber and protein. My general guideline follows the Weight Watchers point system, which works for me. Before I had my first baby, I lost nearly 40 pounds on their program. Since then, I follow it on my own, and has helped me loose weight after each baby. I still have 4 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. My goal weight is 27 pounds away. Or I'd be happy wearing a size 8. Or maybe a 6. That's not too far away.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive