Thursday, September 6, 2007

2 more cards I made

The other 2 cards I demo'ed was a 3x3 card and a 4x4 card. I love experimenting with different sizes and types of card. Just to change things up a bit.

3x3 card: I used a Tempting Teal base and folded in half. Then I stamped Bud Basics on white cardstock scrap 2 times in brown ink. I demoed coloring in with blender pens using pastel chalks and using ink pads on the Bud Basic large flower outline. I cut out each flower and layered them on top of each other and punched a hole in the center with a 1/16" punch and placed a brad in the center. Then I layered these on a 2x2 square of Regal Rose that had been wheeled with Petals jumbo wheel in Regal Rose ink. Before I adhered these to the center on my card, I layed a 3x1 strip of designer paper on the bottom. I used a piece of the Sweet on You paper from last spring's mini.

4x4 card: started with a base of Almost Amethyst, folded in half. I stamped "happy" from the Polka dots and Paisely stamp set on the top left corner in brown. I took a strip of Rose Red, 2x3 3/4 and wheeled the Petals jumbo wheel in the same color. I layed this on along the bottom, leaving an even strip along the edges. Then I punched a 1 5/8" circle out of chocolate chip and a 1 1/5 " circle out of white. I stamped a flower on the white, and attached the circles together. Before I placed these on the right side, just above the Rose Red strip, I layed brown gingham ribbon on the edge of the Amethyst and Rose. I attached the ribbon to the inside of the card using Zots glue dots. I also tied to smaller piece of ribbon around the ribbon strip in the front to look like a bow.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive