Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christ has Overcome



Monday evening was spent getting some grocery shopping done with my little man.  Tim had the girls at soccer practice.  On the way home, I was cruising to some Jeremy Camp, playing his latest "We cry out! The worship project" on my ipod.  My favorite is "Jesus Saves" after seeing him in concert the first time last summer at the Unity Festival.  Listening to other songs, though, landed me on "Overcome".  For the next 20 minutes, on the drive home, I kept hitting repeat.  This song had me praising the Lord and I was glad there are few others on the road to see me!


John 16:33 NAS

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage ; I have overcome the world.

It reminds of a friend's encouragement, from Isaiah 53, "By his wounds, we are healed."
What does healing look like?  What does overcoming feel like?  It is of the soul & spirit and I know that no matter what happens to my friend in his cancer or other trials that will come upon me and my loved ones, I know that there is a peace that passes all understanding for Christ has conquered the grave and he promises resurrection for his followers as well.   And this glorious peace comes after giving thanks.  Giving thanks always comes first, then the miracle.







Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love 
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind 
God's only son perfect and spotless one 
He never sinned, but suffered as if He did 

All authority, every victory is Yours 
All authority, every victory is Yours 

CHORUS: 
Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame 

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/overcome-lyrics-jeremy-camp.html ]

Jesus, awesome in power forever,awesome and great is Your name, You overcame 

Power in hand speaking the Father's plan 
You're sending us out, light in this broken land 

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb 
and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome



That is why I continue to count my gifts #206-229




  • Passover fortelling of Messiah
  • Holy Spirit presence
  • The father my husband is to my children
  • Girls retelling Scripture truths
  • Dad's birthday.  Celebrate another year of life
  • Daffodils peeking out of the snow
  • Bringing a meal to celebrate new birth of Little Lauren
  • Answered prayer
  • Redemption and our Great Rescuer
  • I am a Chosen Child of God
  • Amazing creativity by other bloggers.  I'm blown away by other believers out there who write and photograph and create life for His Glory
  • The world is all His, the King of Glory
  • I can come into His presence to worship
  • Kissing my husband good-bye this morning as he left for work
  • A week of being more on track with my time spent with God
  • A week of being at home
  • This day so many years ago God's Son chose to die for me
  • New life in Him
  • My God is bigger and mightier than the grave
  • Good Friday Celebration.  He is the Resurrection and the Life.  He who knew no sin became sin.  He who is righteous can now call me righteous.  Amazing Grace how sweet the sound.  Love now flowing down.  His hands and fee were nailed to the tree.  His Grace flows down and covers me.
  • Girls attempting to work as a team in soccer for their 1st game.  Hilarious.
  • BioDiesel.  Tim's been a great oil collector and he's starting the process again of making.
  • More signs of life.  Hyacinths. Daffodils.  Tree buds.
  • Rain and mist.  Not snow.





No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive