Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tomato Sauce

I've had a request for Tomato Sauce, so I thought I'd post it here. This also comes from a dear lady from church that gave me the soup recipe. I've never made it, but my friend Staci made it yesterday and she loves it for spaghetti sauce.

Tomato Sauce—4 ½ quarts

2 12 oz tomato paste

2 15oz tomato sauce

½ c brown sugar

2 T salt

2 t oregano, parsley

1 ½ t basil

½ t pepper, chili powder

1 t garlic powder

1 gallon tomatoes

mix in blender


Chop up and cook in frying pan until tender:

¼ c oil

2 med. Onions

2 med green peppers (1 cup)

2 carrots

Combine and cook about 2 hours. Pour in hot jars and seal. Process 10 min in hot water bath.


If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive