Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sugar Cookies



AHH, nothing says Christmas like Sugar Cookies, right?  We made some for christmas and Valentine's Day, using 2 different recipes.  I like a moist, thick cookie, so my recipes used sour cream or cream cheese.  They both turned out a little bit different, but tasty.  Here's the recipes:

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup margarine
3 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Combine dry ingredients.  Chill dough for at least an hour in refridgerator.

Roll out dough to about 1/8" thickness and cut into desired shapes.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes in preheated oven, until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are firm.  Do not overbake!

This is supposed to make 4 dozen cookies.  I made this recipe for Valentine's Day because I didn't have the sour cream needed to make the following recipe.  I didn't get a lot of cookies out of it, between snitching and making super big horse head cookies.

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cup white sugar 1 tsp baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, each
1 cup butter 1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs 5 cups flour
1 cup sour cream

Mix ingredients:  sugar, butter, eggs, sour cream creamed together.  Add b. powder, soda, vanilla, salt.  Add flour gradually.  Cover and chill for at least an hour.  Roll out about 1/4" thick and cut into shapes.  Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.  Makes 5 dozen cookies.  This is my favorite recipe.

Frosting:  8 oz cream cheese
2 Tble evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat until well blended.  Frost on cooled cookies.  

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive