Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Suguar Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust

Here's a recipe I used for Thanksgiving, and would also like to make again for Christmas.  I used the Gingersnap Cookie recipe for the crust.  It didn't take all of the dough, only about half.  I made the rest of the dough into cookies, on a separate cookie sheet.  I pressed the dough/crust into a pie pan, and then added the pumpkin cheesecake as directed.  It tasted yummy!  If sliced into 10 servings, it was about 185 calories each.  By the way, it sorta qualifies for my diet.  I'm not suppposed to use splenda, but I did here, for a special treat.  Don't tell!

Sugar free Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 packages (8 oz. each) light cream cheese (not fat free)
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (I used a bit more)
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling which contains sugar)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice (recipe called for pinch each of nutmeg and cloves, but I didn't have any cloves)
non-stick spray for baking dish (use very sparingly or it makes it hard to spread the cheesecake)
whipped cream (optional, I didn't think it needed it)

Preheat oven to 325 F. In large bowl combine softened cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Remove one cup of batter and spread into bottom of glass or crockery baking dish which has been sprayed very lightly with non-stick spray. (I sprayed my dish too much and had a hard time getting the first layer spread evenly. Next time I would put a very thin layer of chopped pecans over the nonstick spray.)

 

Add pumpkin and spices to remaining batter and stir until blended. Carefully spread pumpkin layer over first layer. Bake in preheated oven 35-45 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then chill several hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired and wait for compliments.

Crust:

Sugar Free All Natural Gingersnaps
(makes 24 servings)
skill level: Easy

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups almond flour (I don't have any, so I added 2 1/4 cup + 2 TBL whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons whole grain flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cup Apple Sauce
3 teaspoon dark molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Cream butter with applesauce, molasses in a large bowl. Add spices and mix well. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, sift together almond flour, whole grain flower, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Combine to make a stiff dough.
Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet at least 1" apart.
Bake at 300°F for 24 minutes. After first five minutes in the oven, press cookies down a bit flat.  Continue baking, being careful not to burn and adjusting time for your oven.

The Centsible Sawyer is hosting another $500 Walmart card, so I'm posting this recipe to qualify for the giveaway.  Please check out her site.  Wouldn't you really like to win, too?

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive