Tuesday, December 9, 2008

February Brag Book



Wow!  I had no idea that it's been a month since I've posted!  i have a lot of projects I've been working on for christmas presents.  Many of my relatives will be getting this brag book (SHHH!)  I have to get them bound.  I bought the spiral binding, just have to get a binder from somebody and figure out if I'm going to bind the photos, or mount them on paper which I'll bind.

Here's my PRISM update:  after 6 weeks, I got to weigh myself and measure myself.  I lost 10 pounds!!!  and about 13.75 "!!  That's 6% of my body weight, and I am happy to say that I've lost it that quickly!  It's been quite an experience, and some days are much harder than others.  I've explored many recipes and blogs and sites and tried lots of food I never thought I'd like.  I have even begun baking my own bread and grinding my own wheat!  I think that my coffee grinder does NOT do a great job grinding, and so I will be saving money for a wheat grinder.  They run about $250.  The reason for making my own bread is so that it doesn't have sugar, instead made with less refined honey or molasses.  Also, it doesn't have the preservatives of store bought, and I can use a variety of whole-grains filled with wholesome goodness.  The advantage of grinding my own wheat is cost (sometimes a good deal, still investigating) and it contains way less preservatives and more nutrients.  It's all an adventure!  Here's my recent favorite site, telling of much more than cooking!  passionate homemaking  She sounds like a wonderful Christian and full of good, godly advice.  I've recently checked into her posts about SOAKING grains, and have tried it with my oatmeal.  Here's what I do:
THe night before, I mix 1.5 cups oatmeal, 1.5 cups water, 1 Tbl yogurt, 2 Tbl. ground whole wheat.  I leave it sitting out on my counter, covered, overnight, and then it's ready to cook in the morning.  When I eat breakfast, I boil 1.5 cups water, then add oatmeal mixture, 1 sliced banana, 1 sliced apple, spoonful of vanilla, and spoonful or less of cinnamon.  Let it simmer for about 5 minutes, or longer if fruit is not soft.  Then I serve it with milk and add a spoonful of sugar-free coffee creamer.  It's delicious!  Here's the reason for soaking: (also the "how to")  it has to do with allowing the body to absorb the minerals and good stuff in the whole grains and breaking down the phytic acid in the grains, allowing for better digestion, even easing some allergic reactions.  Check it out!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive