Monday, August 18, 2008

Some Horse Friends



During my family's time at the Newaygo County Fair, some other friends with Haflingers were showing as well. They entered a few of the same events, and so I took several pictures of them and their team as well. They actually had 9 horses at the show, so I don't really know if these pictures are of the same horses or not. The style of Haflingers that they train are more of a "Draft" style, in which they love their horses to pull wagons and carts and STOMP their feet up and down as they trot. And boy, do they trot fast! As you can imagine, this would make a terrible ride in the saddle, so they don't usually enter any riding class (this also has something to do with the type of shoes that are on the horses' feet, but difficult to explain here). As you can see in the top picture, the team is stomping in unison. Mark's 3 year old team (maybe this is the team?) went on the win the "Wagon 8" event that I mentioned earlier. When he made the victory lap, he let the horses run so fast! It almost looked like the wagon would tip right over!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive