Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Streams in the Dessert

I am still spending some time doing digital scrapbooking. For the time being, paper scrapbooking will be limited because it's all packed away. Here's a page I did using torn edges, a template from Scrapgirls; dirty white frames, a decorative edged frame, and Easter stickers (designerdigitals.com) main background paper, and "yummy" were scrapgirls freebies. Flower embellishments freebies from Shabbyprincess.

Forgive me if you are disapointed from here on out, but I believe that my blog will become more personal and less focused on my creations. I don't really know who reads these entries, so I will attempt to inspire you in a different way, as I reveal how God works in and through my life.

My mother-in-law recommended the book "Streams in the Dessert" as I revealed to her the difficult times I'd been having emotionally and spiritually with all the ups and downs in our housing situations. A recap--after next week, we'll have moved 7 times in the past year, if I count every place that we've stayed for more than a week. I pray for God to sell our house, to open up opportunities for us to stay places long term where we have room to be active and feel settled. My mother-in-law has experienced similar situations as her home is her 5th wheel trailer, and she reminded me that this world is not our home. We are only temporarily here until God calls us to our eternal, permanant home in heaven. That was a great reminder, but still difficult in the here and now :) So, back to the book, I found that a favorite Bible site of mine offers daily devotional readings from the book that I can read: bible.oneplace.com/devotionals
--look under Streams in the Dessert, by Mrs. Charles Cowman.

Isaiah found them (upper streams) in the awful days of Sennacherib's invasion, when the mountains seemed hurled into the midst of the sea, but faith could sing: "There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God. God is in the midst of her: she shall not be moved."

Father God, I pray that you will be found in me and that I will not be moved.

1 comment:

Janine said...

hey, jen!
I check in here often to see what you are up to!

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive