Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Weekend Challenge






A few weeks ago, I thought this challenge I saw was a good one. So I created a few cards based on this particular layout, but was unable to share my results for the challenge. Anyway, I'm pleased with how they turned out and that I can continue making cards that don't all end up looking the same! It's weird how you can get in a rut and even though I intend on making something that is unique and original, they can end up looking very similar. The mark of a particular artist, I suppose!


Here's the basic layout of the cards: cut white cardstock 4x8 and fold in half. Layer Regal Rose on top (3.25x3.25) and add a strip of cardstock to cover about 1/3 of front. I placed mine either on the side or on top (trimmed 3x1). I cut circles to layer on top of each other using my punches (1 1/4 & 1 3/8) and then cut out a shape to layer on top of that. I used a lot of glue and glitter to make things sparkle, and added a small saying to the bottom right corner. I used a sheet of white cardstock (8 1/2 x 11) to cut the first two cards, and then used the left overs to make a smaller square card (3x6). I used the corner rounder on the outer corners to smooth it out, and also used the word window to punch some tabs/hinges out of brown cardstock. I used the Petals DS, and used Petals and Paisley stamp sets, as well as Warm Words on one, and a "hello" from Sweet Shapes. I also used Looks Like Spring set and matching punch on one card.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive