Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Few of my Favorite Things







here are 3 cards that I made at my stamp-a-stack last week. This was probably the most difficult technique that we used--heat embossing. I actually first made this card by mistake, which I think I posted the earlier version made on Pretty in Pink cardstock. These cards were made on Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Regal Rose. I wheeled the Doodles jumbo wheel using a versamark self-inked cartridge, and embossed with white powder. I love how it looks elegant and lacy. Then I stamped a butterfly from Garden Whimsy in Lavender Lace and Regal Rose, cut it out, added glue and glitter and used tiny 3-D pops to adhere. I used Flowers for You DP for accent. For the Sentiment, I used a scrap strip to stamp the saying--from Garden Whimsy and So Many Sayings (hostess) in black ink. Then I snipped with scissors for length and used the ticket punch on the corners. I like how that turned out. By the way, one of my guests wants to hand stamp invitations to her daughter's 4th birthday in January, and wants me to help her--to do a mini stamp-a-stack for her using my supplies, but for her to make them and pay for them--and is thinking of doing a card similar to these. I think it's a great idea, and am contemplating the same idea for Hannah's 3rd birthday coming in February. I think it can look like princess/fairy cute girly stuff. Any comments?

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive