Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Stamping Techniques




When I visited my sister, I got to attend her stamping club and meet her demonstrator, Maxine. My sister always talks about her, and shows me the cutest projects they make, so I was excited to see what we would make. We used the new IN COLORS, new stamps, and new techniques!!
Elephant Card: we used the coluzzle (which I've never used before, and would like to have!) to cut an inner circle and outer circle out of Groovy Guava. We popped the inner circle out and then used the slit punch to cut scallops. In order to do this, you just pull the guard off the slit punch, and then it cuts scallops. To keep your circle "circular", keep the scallop even all the way around. The elephant comes from the "Year after Year" set, and we used blender pens to color him in using Blue Bayou ink. In order to do this technique: take your ink pad before opening, and push down so that there is a pool of ink on the lid when you open it. Then use your blender pen in this puddle and color away! great way to color and it looks like water-coloring. We also used Sky Blue CS and used the Petals wheel with Sky Blue ink, along with Holidays and Wishes sentiments. This was finished off using white grossgrain ribbon. Pretty!
Just For You Card: used the Three for You Punch box set. We took 4x8 whisper white CS and folded it in half for a 4x4 card. The Base under this is Purely Pomegranate CS, 4 1/4 square. We layered strips of Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery, both of which had spots and dots stamped with black; this was layered on the white. We punched half a circle using 1 3/8 circle punch out of the Certaily Celery. This next part is really cool: we punched the 3 flower punch out of Wild Wasabi, and turned them into frogs! We hid part of the flower under the punched out circle, used Crystal Effects and googly eyes here. Finally, on the top left corner of the white, we stamped Just*for*you in basic black and the 3-flower stamp in Purely Pomegranate on top of each other.
Thank you card: used wheel from hostess set, All About Gratitude, stamped in black Staz-on on whisper white. Then used a big flower (not sure which set this is from) using Versamark and clear embossing powder. We sponged Summer Sun, Cameo Coral and Pixie Pink on this, and then wiped off with paper towel. The ink won't stay on the embossed part, and looks really cool! We tied on black gingham ribbon. This was layered on Summer Sun CS. We stamped a flower on Pixie Pink CS using Pixie Pink ink, and tore the right edge. This was layered on a strip of black CS, also torn. Finally, we used the Spring Flower Bouquet punch, and used just one flower from it and punched out of Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, and Pixie Pink CS. We placed a black dot in the center using the 1/4" punch.
Over all, I love how these turned out, and will use what I learned from these to create more.
Bonus: for the month of August there is a special on the Punch Box. When you buy it, you will get free 30 3x3 cards and envies free! 10 each of Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron, all pre-scored and textured. Don't forget that you get the WW and PP ink spots in the Punch box (along with basic black)

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive