Friday, July 6, 2007

Makenna from the beginning





I have done many pages of Makenna, starting from my pregnancy and her birth. I'll post some pages starting from the beginning. Here are the first 4 pages. I often will do a 2-page layout. I like how this looks when the book is open, as the colors and styles and stamps all go together. I think it adds a sense of cohesiveness to the book. These first few pages contain the birth story that I typed out. It's so important to write things down, because I won't remember as much later, and those looking love to know the "real" story. Many of my pages could use more journaling. Looking back, these pages seem plain. I sometimes over-due things, so maybe I thought plainer was better. Or I was just in a hurry to get them done so I wouldn't get too far behind. Oh, well. I guess that's part of looking back and seeing my progress over the years. Hopefully, I improve as I go along!


Pregnancy page 1
Paper used: Barely Banana; Cool Caribbean Ink Used: Rose Red; Pretty in Pink Stamps used: Loving Hearts Accessories: corner punch; ribbon
Preggie page 2
Paper used: Pretty in Pink Ink used: Rose Red Stamps used: Hostess set from Mini '05 (?) Accessories: ribbon
Newborn pages
Paper used: Cameo Coral; Delight in Life paper kit (SAB 07) Stamps used: wal-mart dial baby girl stamp


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your work! Just wanted to let you know that I have tagged you. Check out my blog for details (www.andreawalford.com). Hope you'll play along.

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive