Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Scavenger Hunt for August 8



Seeing Double
At the Rodeo for Ryan this week, these 2 little boys passed by, and I just knew I had to get their picture!  So adorable!

Bright
Fruit heavy on the tree is a beautiful sight!  Amidst the branches of green leaves, these apricots were hanging heavy and plentiful.  We picked plenty for eating and for canning.  My mom and I canned 18 quarts this week.  Hopefully, they turned out great!  We {I should say "mom" because she does all the processing} were having trouble with the pressure cooker.  Mushy fruit isn't great, and they were already quite soft by the time we got to canning.
Space
Wide open spaces!  My kids, even Maverick, love going to Nana and Papa's house to just be able to run around outside without many worries.  The house is far from the road and there is little traffic.  So many places to explore!  This is the first year this oat field has been here, and it was harvested just a few days after this picture was taken.
Sweet
Sweet Treats!  The bake sale of the rodeo was a sweet success!  Everything was packaged so cute and looked yummy!
Whatever
Many of the tables at the rodeo were decorated with these mason jars and flowers.  Looks simple, but adds so much!  I should do this for my own table at home!

There is so much to be thankful for this week! This past week was filled with rodeo details, and most other things were pushed aside for the time being...
Gifts 464-477

The rodeo was a success
much help and support
many attendees--over 1000
Much generosity--over $50,000
Rain held off--it rained all around the ranch, but not at the ranch
Many donors gave many gifts to auction off
Free babysitters
Hannah going with grandparents to horse show
Little boy who loves to throw sand
cold water on a hot day
Baked potatoes in my fridge
Free unity tickets to use with my family and friends
Cooler weather
Cousins & campouts & picnics & pools

2 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

What a beautiful set - I'm loving your bright shot!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

That mason jar with the flower is my favourite - so easy to do and looks beautiful.

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive