Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Word in Texture

I posted the original of this picture on Monday, and here I added 3 layers of the same texture, Yesteryear, by Kim Klassen, all in different blending modes (Multiply, Soft Light and Darken).  I love how the texture both ages and gives life to a photo.

My Lilacs


my Bluebells


Grace Adventure's barn at Paradise Ranch




The last 3 photos were taken this week, and I used a variety of textures, including Yesteryear, in each one.  I love taking pictures of old barns and churches.  I found this barn challenge I thought I'd try out since I'd already posted this photo~click on the badge to go to Barn Charm.

kimklassencafe




3 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I think texture is really appropriate for the word!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

A great big welcome to Barn Charm...
I love the texture image of the Bible, great idea & very beautiful! =)

The flowers are sooo pretty & I love the barn, the blue sky, the fencing, it all came together very nicely!!! =)

Thank you so much for joining & look forward to seeing more barns from your neck of the woods in Michigan!

Carole said...

That is one beautiful barn. I'm envious.

See my entry at...
NoteworthyMusings

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive