Sunday, May 8, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday with the Cows


1.  SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) This one was more difficult than I thought it would be, and I found I just couldn't put an unedited photo up!  So here's a before and after shot of a cow in an Amish field where I bought some groceries and some baked goods this week.  Yummy!




2.  Sprouting:  ok, this would really be more accurate to say "Budding", but I have nothing pretty that's "sprouting" up yet, only weeds!  A few pots of herbs are coming around, but I'll start more planting in the next week or two.  I do have a tiny pot of Rye grass the girls started in the kitchen window, though...


3.  Isn't it Ironic?  This one stumped me big time!  This is as close as I could get, with Hannah running into the other team while the ball's off to the side.

4.  Lazy!  Again, I think of Springtime as WORK around here and Summer has more lazy moments, but Makenna thought the lid to the sandbox was a great spot to relax after blowing bubbles, and it's definitely a lazy moment.

5.  Smells of Spring!  Of course, I'm sure that most will put some pretty flowerish smell up for this one, but I was hunting for a manure spreader!  I even saw an Amish man with a manure spreader nearby, but hesitated to get close enough for a shot.  Sure wish I'd managed that, though!  A few weeks ago, this NASTY smell assaulted our house due to our friend's turkey manure being spread nearby.  We were thanking Jesus when a rain came shortly after and cleaned the air and our home of that awful smell.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos! We have a cow farm nearby and my kids were complaining of the smell on our nature walk through the woods yesterday. Have a lovely day!

Sonia said...

I love your smells of spring photo! The grass looks so vibrant!

Ashley Sisk said...

Your sprouting and smells like spring shots look great. Lovely work~!

Me said...

Really like the smells like spring and sprouting shots!

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive