Wednesday, May 4, 2011

But the LORD's plans stand firm forever




Let the godly sing for joy to the LORD;
It is fitting for the pure to praise him...
For the word of the LORD holds true,
and we can trust everything he does.
He loves whatever is just and good;
the unfailing love of the LORD fills the earth...
But the LORD's plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken...
He made their hearts,
so he understands everything they do...
But the LORD watches over those who fear him,
those who rely on his unfailing love...
We put our hope in the LORD
He is our help and shield
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD.
for our hope is in you alone.
Ps 33 NLT


Today is a day that our church has set apart for fasting and prayer for our dear friends Kendra & Ryan and little Colton.  Oh, how we love them and want this cancer inside Ryan to be defeated.  When facing a life-taking disease, it seems there are so many aspects that need attention:  obviously physical, spiritual, emotional, mental.  I didn't know where to start, and turned to this next Psalm in my daily reading, and am comforted.


Loving Father, I pray:

  • Ryan & Kendra would sing to you with joy today
  • Ryan & Kendra would use their skills to praise you today
  • Ryan & Kendra would stand in awe of you today
  • Your plans would remain firm for Ryan & Kendra
  • Ryan & Kendra need your watch-care and unfailing love
  • Rescue Ryan from this cancerous death
  • Ryan & Kendra would put their hope in you alone
  • Ryan & Kendra would trust in your holy name
  • You would be their help and shield
Kendra posted this video on their blog, and it has become a favorite of mine:




Our God is Greater
Our God is stronger
Our God is higher than any other...


Our God is healer
Awesome in power




No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive