Friday, March 18, 2011

What does it cost me?

The past few months have been both a great time of blessing & learning as well as testing and trying.  In the midst of all this, I can hear the Lord teaching me as he's changing me. 


 One of the great blessings is when I'm hearing the same message coming from multiple sources.  I wrote earlier this week about sacrifices and Lent, and then I read this today in my study of King David:





"But Kind David replied, "No, I insist on buying it for the full price. I will not take what is yours and give it to the LORD. I will not present burnt offerings that have cost me nothing!" David proceeded to buy the threshold to use as an altar and offered his sacrifices to the LORD.

The things I am offering to the Lord...what are they costing me? Am I really being generous with my time with the Lord, or am I rushing through it? Am I using my gifts truly for Him, or to elevate myself. It must be more than token effort. It must be sacrificial...it must be given voluntarily and freely.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive