Monday, October 15, 2007

Restful Monday



Some people dread Mondays. Back to the usual...work...school...life. I actually enjoy Mondays, because they are lazy days for me. I try to not put much into my schedule that takes me out of the house. Usually weekends are tiresome for the girls, so I make sure they can get good naps in on Monday. This weekend I have the priveledge to go shopping with the teen girls from church WITHOUT any babies!!! YIPPEE! Husband stayed home with both girls so that he wouldn't have to drive (I was the only adult, and we couldn't all fit into one mini-van if I had the baby, too.) We went to the Birch Run outlets that has about 140 stores. We found great sales at Aeropostale, Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place, and Bath and Body and more!! I spent 13 hours away from Makenna--the most up to this point had been 2. She and daddy did just fine, and so did Hannah.
Here is a card I did for a get-well card for my neighbor that's letting me stay in their extra home. I used my new DS paper Flowers for You, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink cardstock (with a white card base, cut 4x4). I used the whimsy jumbo wheel on the Lilac paper in versamark ink and used the circle punches ( 1 3/8 and 1 1/4) to layer circles. I used the word window punch to create tabs on the left and also for the Praying for You sentiment on the bottom. This sentiment is from the So many Sayings Hostess set. The butterfly comes from the Garden Whimsy set.
The scrapbook layout is 12x12 and background paper comes from a dollar store. I've had it for a long time. I used the doodle friends in red for interest on white paper; I filled in some to the shapes using my pastel chalks and blender pens. The red flower blue ladybugs and blue butterfly come from Garden Whimsy. I used ballet blue and real red ink and bashful blue and brilliant blue cardstock (also white and black). I used ribbon and chipboard for accents. When I use chipboard, I usually cover it with paper by tracing around the shape onto paper, cutting the shape out and glueing it on with SNAIL. Then I sand down the edges a bit to add distressing and smoothness.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive