Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Back!!
















FINALLY!!!!!!!! I never guessed that all this moving around would have come to pass, or that I'd be without internet for the past 3 weeks, or that I'd be unable to post any pics for the past 9 weeks! anyway, here goes some of my recent creations. Here are my buckle cards. In my hurry to post these pics, I don't have the instructions with me. The card's dimensions are something like 4x8 1/2. Fold off center. Used Designer paper to cover right side of card (adhered to the inside of card). Adhere black buckle strip of cardstock before laying down designer paper. this strip is about 1x5. Fold about 1" in so that it can be tucked under the DS and adhered, then put in position to buckle. Use word window punch to create slot. I then covered part of the showing buckle with DS. I used the corner rounder here as well. The base of all my cards is Certainly celery and the DS is the Petals and paisley one. I used a variety of stamps: petals and paisley set and wheel; Baroque Motif; Sweet Shapes and ?? Notice on the Baroque Motif that I embossed it. I stamped in white craft ink, and then embossed one with clear glitter, and one with white. they look quite different, but I like them! Also included here is another card I'd mentioned before that I created for a workshop. Rather simple, but cute! I'm also using quite a bit of glitter and glue to add lots of sparkle and pizazz. I love the look!




Now, about what I've been doing: i'm living in a cottage on Lake Michigan, dubbed the beach house. I was wishing we'd been here in the summer so we could enjoy the beach, but God has blessed us greatly with beautiful weather since we've been here. we've had many days in the 70-80 and we've been out at the beach or on the decks. At the beginning of the summer, Hannah was still eating sand. Now Makenna has figured out how to pull the sheet away and get the sand! or she wiggles and crawls her way to the sand. They're both covered with sand by the time we leave! Quite a mess. I've enjoyed running on the beach 3 mornings a week. Great exercise and so energizing! It's easiest to run where the sand is most wet, so I carefully dodge the waves so I don't get my shoes wet. I usually run 30 minutes, probably about 3 miles. I see hundreds of fresh deer tracks, but so deer so far. OUr home is quite private (except the family that's letting us stay in this house live about 10 feet away and they often have company. other than that, we don't see a lot of people on the beach) We are so thankful that God has provided a place for us to stay. It's only about 10 minutes to church, and close to stores and the mall. Quite convenient.

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive