Thursday, December 11, 2008

April Brag Book



Here's my April Brag book.  As I created them, I mostly put in pictures of the girls from that same month from 2008.  I used a variety of kits for each page, trying to use a lot of different supplies...sometimes I can get more caught up in accumulating digital supplies and then not taking the time to use them.  Even though they are so re-usable!  Unlike the paper supplies that I tend to hoard...

I recently mentioned my new desire to sew...I WISH I had a machine!  Another thing to save my money for.  Anyway, my mom has a machine, which she got from her parents for her high school graduation!  Boy, has that thing lasted a long time (no, i'm not saying anything about my mom's age).  So, I have seen many ideas surfing the web about re-using adult clothes and converting them to children's clothes.  This is done with a variety of shirts, sweaters, etc, to created shirts, skirts, pants, and so for children.  It's really amazing.  I bought two 2Xlg women's Chrstmas turtlenecks from a thrift store, called The Vintage Rose.  I used a pattern for children' pajamas, and cut them into a girl's nightgown.  On the first one, I kept the shoulder and neck seams, and cut out the arms and side seams.  I sewed the sides narrower and then re-attached the arms after making them smaller.  It turned out HUGE on my almost 4-year-old daughter.  Instead of ripping the seams and doing it all over again, I just adjusted my shoulder seam and it's better now.  Not perfect, still big, a little funny looking, but cute.  The second one, I ripped all seams out and followed the pattern more closely.  This one fits my daughter a lot better and looks better, but was a little more work, because I had to actually sew the neckband and make it fit.  What do you think?

Would you like to win a $100 gift card from DELL?  If I won, I'd choose either an extenal hard drive (all this digital scrapbooking stuff and photoshop stuff really takes up a lot of hard drive) or an MP3 player.  I love my music, and it'd be great to listen while jogging.

Another $500 gift card entry:  the money saving idea that I posted here was one I saw an TV last night.  I get a lot of coupons for things like biscotti, tea, chocolates, candles and such.  I am going to buy some of this stuff, put it into gift baskets and give them as gifts.  I could even put this stuff into a Meijer grocery bag--reusable--for a gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive