Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fresh & Fun Weekend Challenge #41


I finally had a chance to do a weekend challenge again. I spent sometime on Thursday and Friday doing some scrapbooking and cardmaking--the old fashioned way with paper and ink! I wanted to use THIS layout to make a few "Boy" cards--which, to me, means no flowers or pink! So I guess there are a few flowers in the designer paper, but still looks grungy, dirty, and boyish, IMHO. I used a color scheme I came up with during my Cards for Troops campaign. I used a ink pad by Tim Holtz that's called Aged Linen (I think). It's square, and I used it to grunge up the edges of the "B" and "Birthday" label, as well as the outer edges of the card. Another technique I used was paper piercing the edges of the Blue Bayou square, then connecting them with white gel pen. I just got this gel pen from Stampin' Up, and it works so much better than the paint pen I had. So bright and vivid! It's amazing how much the Faux Stitching adds to the look of the card. I also just got the Just B stamp set, which is SOOO cute! I think it will make some cute cards and scrapbook pages.

Paper: base Pumpkin Pie; Blue Bayou, whisper White; Designer Paper Spring Break
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive; Tim Holtz distressing ink
Stamps: Just B
Accessories: brads, 1/16" hole punch; paper piercing kit & gel pen; ticket corner punch; tag corner punch

No comments:

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive